This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Stylist will own all facets of merchandise & wardrobe styling for Walmart.com photography, which include on-figure, Looklet & editorial shoots. This individual will establish outfitting direction for the brands & work closely with the Studio Art Director. The Stylist will ensure style & quality are on-brand & will ensure daily production timelines & throughput goals are met. The ideal candidate will be experienced, detail oriented, organized, & will demonstrate comfort with ambiguity. A positive attitude is a must with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will possess the ability to succeed with minimal guidance & be skilled at anticipating problems & resolving them. Have the ability to style on fig, Looklet & stills as need be.
You are a risk takera dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
WHAT YOULL DO
This role requires proven studio experience leadership skills. The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of 30-100 items per bay daily, depending on category of business. A strong focus & sense of urgency is required along with the following skills:
- Style model on-figure in all apparel categories & provide the highest quality on-figure styling
- Style Looklet mannequin models in all apparel categories & provide the highest quality of styling
- Learn all functions of the Looklet software The Look Creator
- Oversee the assistant stylist to ensure steaming, organizing & pinning is up to your expertise
- Always mindful of the customer experience, prepare & style product (primarily shoes) in accordance with Photo Style Guide & with key differentiating product details in mind
- Partner with Studio Manager, Sample Coordinators, Photo Art Director, Producers, Photographers & Assistant Stylist to ensure efficient workflow, & the highest quality images
- Support & coach freelance stylists & assistant stylists concerning job duties, expectations
- Maintain set with photo production team to organize workload for the day, & meet daily expectations
- Stay current with the design/fashion industry including global & consumer trends, assessing & communicating their potential impact to the business
- Maintain a stocked styling kit at all times letting studio coordinator know of any special ordering needs
- Maintain positive work environment with high creative standards.
- Efficient workflow management, organization & communication.
- Perform daily quality control & address results with the photography team.
- Oversee the development training materials & guides as needed including thoroughly documenting all processes & procedures
- Conduct on-going competitive analysis to ensure best in class experience
- Must be willing to be hands on to solve problems
- Have the ability to style on fig, Looklet & stills as need be.
- 4+ years experience as a Stylist in Fashion e-commerce (high volume experience a plus)
- Online Portfolio that demonstrates fashion expertise Excellent organizational skills, a natural collaborator, but can work well independently
- Strong attention to detail, organization & time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & high ethical standard
- Flexible, & able to respond immediately to business changes & priorities
- Self-driven & willingness to roll up your sleeves
- BA or BFA Degree in design, photography, or related field, or equivalent experience.
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data & adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes & supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify & locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, & applies policies & procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies & uses facts, information, & expertise to set priorities & make informed decisions. Uses data & evidence to determine the causes of problems & develop solutions to address them.
Execution & Results: Manage Execution & Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations & time requirements. Plans & manages own & others' time, based on business priorities, & follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely & accurate manner. Identifies & obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, & quality in work practices.
Planning & Improvement: Plan & Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates & aligns planning with organizational initiatives & direction. Looks at work plans & makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes & practices to increase performance & results
Influence & Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas & links them to business needs & benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships & alliances with others, inside & outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans & priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience & ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics & Compliance: Manage Ethics & Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies & procedures, & supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity & ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical & compliance issues, enforcing compliance & administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters & locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.