1stDibs is looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer, iOS to help deliver designs for our mobile apps. You will be responsible for serving as a mobile design expert that can independently own projects for our consumer-facing, ecommerce app & collaborate with other product designers, product managers & engineers to support our Seller app. You are a sought-after advocate for design excellence in mobile app design & lead with strong, hands-on design & technical expertise.
The 1stDibs Product team is a highly collaborative team that creates buyer, seller, & internal product experiences for our users. We work in our office headquarters in Astor Place, New York City. As a dual-sided platform, the Product Team at 1stdibs is responsible for buyer & seller experiences across the web & app-based products, as well as a suite of web-based tools to support internal teams.
What you'll do
- Lead designs for our Buyer (iPhone & iPad) & Seller iOS apps.
- Experience adapting an adjacent web product to a mobile experience & pushing for mobile app innovation.
- Generate product concepts & iterate solutions based on business & user feedback.
- Proactively solicit & provide feedback from designers & a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Youre an expert in mobile app design, best practices & stay current with iOS updates, trends & design patterns.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including product owners, researchers, & engineers.
- Define, craft & evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
- Youre a strategic thinker whos able to defend their designs, but more importantly, gain consensus & alignment from the team.
- Know when to validate your designs with user research & A/B testing. Be able to prototype designs, assist in research studies & iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Transform screen designs into interactive flows with micro-interactions, animations & transitions. Create design artifacts (flow diagrams, box models, wireframes, etc) that help teams understand context & design approaches.
- Work closely with engineering to support development of proposed solutions. Deliver pixel-perfect screens & specifications to support development.
What you have
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- 5+ years of experience building & shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience in a native consumer facing app preferably at an in-house product design team.
- Interaction Designs skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Bachelors Degree in Interaction Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, HCI or related field
- Strong experience in designing & maintaining design systems. Ability to apply design principles to mobile & native platforms.
- Great taste & aesthetic sensibility
- Experience defining design activities & delivering impactful product experiences.
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Capacity to present design rationale across disciplines
- Possess strong verbal, written & visual presentation skills with value placed on storytelling
- Fluency with low & high-fidelity design deliverables
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.