Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 1,800 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for a BI Analyst with a proven track record of architecting & manage large volumes of data to support the Finance team in forecasting the business & building analysis necessary to drive strategic business decisions. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact in a fast-paced environment at a great company. This role will report directly to the BI Manager with a dotted line report into the engineering team.
At Compass You Will:
- Use your machine learning skills to explore & more deeply understand Compass data & the business
- Own the data required to build insights about our markets, products, competition & economic environment impacting our business
- Assist in the design & implementation of process & controls to ingest, organize, analyze & present large sums of data for Compass brokerage business
- Assist the BI Manager to architect & automate financial reporting dashboards, modelling & KPIs through a data visualization software
- Collaborate with the Finance team to analyze data & facilitate sound management decisions through financial & metric reporting to the cross-functional business partners
- Collaborate with the engineering & product management team, working with an engineering-focused, iterative team to build & establish project requirements
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial data & business requests to monitor tactical decisions & enable strategic decision making
What Were Looking For
- MS in Computer Science
- 3+ years of data analytics experience
- Proficiency in SQL is required, R or Python is a bonus
- Ability to create complex data models & blend disparate data sources
- Experience with data lakes & data warehousing platforms such as AWS, Snowflake, Athena, or Spark
- Ability to manage, manipulate analyze large volumes of data & interpret into meaningful reports & dashboards
- Advanced proficiency in working with business intelligence tools, such as MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau, or Looker
- CRM experience; Sales Force experience highly preferred
- CFA/MBA experience is a plus
- Real Estate/Brokerage industry experience is a plus
- Positive attitude & solutions-oriented approach
- Ability & desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills & critical thinking ability
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.