CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
The Senior Manager of Strategic Partnership will drive borrower growth by crafting partnerships with companies, organizations, & strategic partners. You will be based at CommonBonds HQ in NYC. You have experience as a doer: you see opportunity for partnership & go after it with a thoughtful & committed approach. You are an exceptional communicator, analytical, & have a passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
You possess the ability to develop a strategic plan & execute against it with consistent determination. You are comfortable with the process of prospecting: identifying & successfully contacting key decision makers at target accounts that have large business potential & enthusiastically owning the activity levels that are required for success. You have succeeded in the past because you simply find a way to make things happen, along with a bias for immediate action & an uncanny instinct for channeling it effectively.
CommonBond is a dynamic, exciting environment where new opportunities emerge daily, the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships will be looking for large-level, groundbreaking partnerships that can help the company continue its rapid growth.
- 5-8 years of experience creating partnerships, ideally in the education or student lending industry
- Proven, quantifiable history of success in driving business through strategic, large-scale partnerships
- Strategic thinker: you think creatively about getting in front of our target market & dont lean on what has always been done or what someone tells you to do
- Proactive Nature: if you see an issue, you default to finding & implementing the right solution, right away
- Ability to drive activity & work cross functionally internally to achieve team & business goals
- Personal Discipline: think independently, to set a strategy & prioritize tasks based on individual & team goals
- Effective communications skills: youre equally comfortable hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up on a previous lead
- Sense of urgency: you want to go, move, make things happen, & shake things up
- Roll-up- your-sleeves mentality: were a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.