At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is looking for a smart, savvy content marketing manager & writer to join our Marketing & Communications Team. In this role youll become the expert on one of our key educator audiences. With a researchers lens, youll build a deep & data-driven understanding of the audience that youll use to develop content strategies & copy that engages & grows this audience. Youll work collaboratively across the organization with product marketers, brand managers, growth managers, product marketing managers, designers, & community members to reach educators.
- Collaborate with Marcom & related teammates on campaign ideas & strategies to engage & retain our educator audience, making recommendations independently & with a team
- Partner with product & growth marketers to build content strategies & production calendars for key product launches & brand/ lifecycle campaigns
- Write on a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blog, email, social media, banners, case studies, white papers, brochures, one-sheeters, etc.), with a focus on growing new behaviors with the audience
- Research industry styles, standards, & approaches to recommend content that is innovative, original, or data-driven
- Partner with designers to develop new & engaging email, social, and web content
- Write audience-specific content that excites, inspires, & compels adoption and/or positive engagement in accordance with our product & brand goals
- Help analyze performance metrics & iterate on copy/content directions to demonstrate impact
- Mastery of different writing styles across mediums including both digital & print
- Ability to craft value propositions in succinct, easy-to-understand terms
- Expertise in translating technical capabilities into compelling benefits
- Uses research & data, when appropriate, to support a powerful narrative arc
- High level of creativity, attention to detail, & project management skills
- Impeccable spelling & grammar & ability to adapt to voice & tone
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization
- 5+ years of professional writing or related experience
- Believes in our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or Creative Writing
- Experience in education or at a technology company
- Mix of B2B & B2C experience
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.