Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Sales at Policygenius
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player & a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team & help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
This role is on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound & outbound leads for prospective life insurance customers & ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process)!
- Onboard new life insurance customers into the application & underwriting process (no lead generation required!) & address their questions while providing an outstanding customer experience
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat & text
- Practice consultative sales techniques to ensure that we are pairing customers up with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Collaborate with other operations teams to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Adhere to team norms & policies & meet quality standards & Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in your daily work
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to the business & tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology
- Contribute toward team goals & support onboarding of new team members as required (were growing!)
- Knowledge of & at least 1+ year of work experience in term life insurance sales or service
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license
- Strong communication skills & an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone (past call center experience preferred)
- A sales mindset: youre motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- Honesty & integrity - you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for clients & for the team
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, & effective problem-solving skills
- A desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- A desire to grow professionally & contribute to the success & culture of the company
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)