Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Merchant Account Lead, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Senior Account Executive will report to the Head of the UK & Ireland Merchant Client team. This individual will retain overall responsibility for developing & growing UK & Ireland relationships with selected merchants Headquartered in this region.
Visa is searching for a Merchant Account Lead to partner with UK merchants. These merchants will include high volume & strategically important accounts as well as working with key acquirers as a key member of the UK &Ireland Merchant & Acquiring team, the selected candidate will look to initiate & develop relationships with merchants to drive acceptance & preference of Visa. This account manager will deliver on high-profile cross functional strategies & plans, and, working in tandem with internal partners, identify & cultivate merchant growth opportunities.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- The account manager will be the key interface for selected merchants;
- Build direct relationships with targeted merchants to establish Visa preference', grow partnership & drive new card acceptance.
- The main focus will be account management & new business development through product sale such as Co-brand, analytics solutions, Visa Checkout, Card on file, 3DS 2.0 & more consultatively approach to identify & design customized solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (e.g., merchant business growth, acceptance growth) & increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/ services.
- Develop strategic relationships with merchant senior management team
- Optimize merchant investments - ensure that existing contractual investment for merchants are optimised. Identify opportunities that will jointly benefit merchants & Visa (driving sales of Visa digital products, develop appropriate business cases & forecasts, advocate for funding, identify & deploy Visa resources to address objectives, track our performance, & use learnings to inform future investment
- Manage relationships to drive card acceptance, brand preference, transaction processing
- Lead regular reviews with merchants & Quarterly Business Reviews to drive performance.
- Support the team in building & articulating the Visa value proposition
What we're after
- Experienced, results oriented individual with mid-level business experience & a proven track record in managing clients/accounts, developing relationships & sales partnerships.
- Merchant experience is an added benefit with demonstrated success in delivering results with high volume merchants
- Previous experience with merchant acquirers, 3rd party payment services and/or card companies all a plus
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships & communicate with all levels of the organization including executive management.
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal & external resources & cross functional relationships with proven results
- Proven ability to negotiate business agreements & to enhance existing & develop new business partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions & geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Strong understanding of UK & Ireland payment systems a plus
- Data management & analytics skills
- Excellent influencing & customer management skills
- Demonstrable & recognised success in effective communication
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.