At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we are unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
The Standards Team is helping put TpTs resources at the center of the classroom by ensuring that product offerings are standards-aligned & the highest quality. Principals consistently say that alignment to school curriculum & state standards is a critical factor in buying decisions & achieving academic results. Yet, the world of standards (Common Core, TEKs, SOLs, ISTE, NGSS) is confusing, constantly changing, & highly fragmented. This team will provide innovative engineering & product solutions to these challenges ensuring that TpT can fulfill its mission to empower educators to teach at their best.
If youre interested in diving deep into understanding the evolving K-12 educational landscape, working closely with teachers & principals to support learning, & solving interesting engineering problems around data, analytics, & product design, then this team is a great fit for you.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient systems
- Enjoys working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, & teaching your learnings
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor