Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, & Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, & go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, & college readiness, & then coordinate action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school & in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, & family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, & Mark Zuckerberg.
Panorama's Client Success team partners with hundreds of school districts & charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama helps us improve education for our students in many important ways." With a near-perfect renewal rate, excellent customer satisfaction, & strong year-over-year account growth, our team has set a high bar. Our partners want hands-on support & expertise in bringing Panoramas product to their districts. Thats where our team comes in.
About the Role:
As an Account Director, you play a central role on the Client Success team, as you are responsible for renewing accounts in our Districts & Schools segment & helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing, & closing upsell opportunities & developing relationships with district leaders in districts with 4,000-9,000 students in an assigned territory. These educators operate in political environments that are responsible for educating thousands of children. You must thrive in novel, high-stakes situations that require creativity & big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client buyers & decision-makers including superintendents of school districts & leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panoramas value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention & growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panoramas excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of 60-80 partner districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals & disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles & contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees & timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint & business with existing clients, discovering & maturing opportunities to grow Panoramas business.
- Develop account plans & monitor overall account health across your portfolio, intervening & creating/implementing strategies when an account displays signs of risk.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Success Managers & Implementation Leads to provide outstanding relationship management & function as a strategic partner for a portfolio of Panoramas larger revenue clients.
- Travel approximately 10-20% of the time to facilitate planning meetings, renewal conversations, client health interventions, & support trainings.
What Were Looking For
Excellent account management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management; demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, upselling accounts, & building client relationships.
- Excited by initiating & leading commercial conversations leading to renewals & upsells.
- Proven ability at developing account plans, leading strategy for client health interventions, & managing renewal cycles.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of up to 50 accounts, prioritizing accounts as necessary & communicating across external stakeholder groups with competing priorities.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at the leadership levels of organizations.
- Excellent listening, negotiation & presentation skills.
- Passion for & commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity & access.
Thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional settings
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management & sales teams to retain business & drive expansion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as the team grows.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work & commitments while traveling.
Excited & motivated by key metrics
- Proven track record of consistently hitting renewal & upsell goals
- Excels at rallying a team around goals
- Thinks outside the box to develop ways to hit goals
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse & inclusive company because we serve students, educators, & families from tremendously diverse backgrounds & identities across the country; weve seen how our product & impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, & we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.