Build the Platform that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access & quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Join us in innovating & automating the Freight Forwarding experience for global internal & partner Operators where we deliver the right work to the right people at the right time, becoming the most cost efficient service providers in the industry.
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, & operations specialists to bring the product vision to life.
- Become a domain expert: understand our various user operation personas & the work involved to move freight across air, land, & sea.
- Understand customer & business needs, write clear stories to help designers & engineers execute fast, & jointly make rapid progress building products with meaningful impact.
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases & managing expectations with stakeholders inside & outside the company.
- Add to our product culture & continuously improve Flexports product processes.
- Work with a global team across San Francisco, Chicago, Shenzhen & Amsterdam.
You should have:
- At least 2 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- Passion, curiosity, & willingness to face challenges & solve problems.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - given an open-ended task, you can deliver impactful work with minimal supervision.
- Empathy for end users - partner with Design team to craft intuitive workflows that improve our user experience & satisfaction.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, & drive consensus across functions & teams.
- Technical competence you can discuss APIs & services with the engineering team (you dont need to be able to code).
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product experience
- Experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Experience working with an international team
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.