SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh & funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, & cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find & fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace, by Crains NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," & as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Companys annual list of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies for 2023 & to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement. SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV & Riverwood Capital.
About the team
Be part of an exciting & growing Technology team focused on product development. Our team emphasizes collaboration & shared responsibilities, you will have hands-on involvement in the entire Software Development Life Cycle. We are implementing DevOps Principles in our CI/CD Pipeline. Our team is growing & so will you! Check out our tech stack below & let us know if you are our next star.
What you will do
Were targeting a Full Stack Engineer who enjoys building commercial products & will play a key role in the delivery of highly reliable, scalable, & maintainable applications. You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborating on product definitions with Product Managers, Backend Developers, & UX designers, implementing technical solutions, & ensuring continued success even after deployment. Youll strive for simplicity while bringing technical insights into refining & improving the system, ultimately ensuring performance, stability, & an exceptional end-user experience.
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle: from design & development to deployment & maintenance.
- Apply clean code principles using accepted best practices for creating straightforward, secure, testable, & well-documented software.
- Collaborate closely with a global team, including engineers, product managers, & UX designers. Build a reliable framework with comprehensive testing of features & performance tuning to ensure platform stability both in terms of uptime as well as performance.
- When involved in a project: help translating requirements, estimating, solving or escalating blockers/points worth of discussion.
- Have ownership of entire projects, being able to understand & answer questions involving all of its aspects (infrastructure, back-end & front-end).
- Deliver code that encourages the team in terms of best practices, readability, design patterns, reusability & testing.
- When shipping & maintaining: monitor data to escalate if anything needs to be refactored or improved.
- Typescript, React, Redux + Saga, Jest.
- Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS, Datadog.
What wed like to see, technically:
- You consider yourself Fullstack & are confident in being involved in both back-end & front-end software development.
- 5+ years of experience on a development team deploying agile methodologies, collaborating with technologists, creatives, & product owners.
- Advanced capability using NodeJS & its ecosystem.
- Advanced experience building & extending REST APIs.
- Experience using PostgreSQL (or a similar relational database).
- Calls for & leads code reviews.
- Uses DRY & YAGNI principles in code design.
- Can document & create tests based on high-level acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrable experience building modern web interfaces & improving the user experience.
- Experience using modern & functional programming styles.
- Familiarity with source control management best practices.
What wed like to see on communication & team collaboration:
- Adheres to organization-wide standards & writes documentation.
- Able to present & defend your technical point of view.
- Can estimate project complexity based on early project documentation & conversations.
- Can clearly articulate technical problems & solutions in written & verbal communication.
- Active participation in team reviews, design reviews & code reviews
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, & unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity & embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit & do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. #LI-DNI