What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world's largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence what's new, now & next in music & audio. We are here to give people the power to share & connect through music.
Our team in New York plays an important role in this mission, & were now on the lookout for a Workplace Lead, US to join us there to lead our US Workplace strategy & to support our offices in NYC & LA.
You will ensure a unified employee experience as it pertains to working environments, office processes & policies, employee care & cultural connectivity. Partnering with our execs & their team leads across many departments to ensure a working environment that helps them meet their business goals, will be a key element of your day to day work. Improving & iterating on systems around space functionality, budgetary standards & cultural events, as well as supplies & tools & the management of the US Workplace team will mean are fully plugged into whats happening with the team. All in: You will be responsible for building out state of the art best-practices around how we operate our offices.
Specifically, this means to
- Contribute to the creation & implementation of a global workplace strategy & roadmap
- Plan & execute on space changes (desk adjustments, room changes, COVID-19 requirements); Build & manage relationships with vendors, service providers, & landlords, including budget control & contract negotiation.
- Bring new ideas to create & improve structured processes, documentation & workflows within office management
- Analyse data (e.g. from our workplace ticket system) & draw conclusions for improvements
- Stay on top of NY & CA legal workplace requirements & implement changes as needed
- Manage Workplace budget in close collaboration with our Berlin based finance team
- With the support of our Workplace & Employee Experience Team, drive internal communication & policies related to the workplace; enforce policies & manage internal tickets
- Lead a workplace team with in house & outsourced team members in NYC & LA
- Support them with successfully completing the internal employee requests (via ticket system)
- On-board & train new team members & contracted teams
- Plan & execute our summer & winter parties in New York
- Support planning & executing our Summer & Winter Parties
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organization - Legal, Finance, IT & Security
The skills & experience it will take to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 years of facility management/workplace strategy experience. Experience with moves is a plus
- Proven experience in project management, process optimization & resource planning
- Strong leadership & people management skills of managing a diverse team of employees & outsourced vendors
- Self-starter; excellent problem solving & organizational skills to tackle ever changing priorities
- Strong social & communication skills, especially with tech companies & creators.
- Knowledge in occupational safety guidelines
- Technical skills (google suite etc.)
- Huge heart for people & building an inspiring workplace
- Fluency in English
Are you ready to celebrate success with a world-class workplace team? Then we look forward to your application!
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.