Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be part of Visa's Digital Development Platform (DDP), Push Payments & Mobile Enablement (PPME) global team, which focuses on building end to end mobile commerce application solutions for global markets.
We are looking for a technically expert Sr Staff Software Engineer for our PPME team based out of our Bangalore office.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- The Sr Staff Software Engineer is a leadership role, & therefore the successful candidate should be able to effectively lead multiple simultaneous projects, working very closely with the engineering leads, engineers, product manager, & client support teams.
- Works with Solution or Enterprise Architecture to translate architecture into a delivered solution that realizes the vision & purpose.
- Possesses functional & industry experience
- Provides the technical guidance the project needs to meet the wider goals of the org strategy.
- Effectively translates functional & non- functional requirements into an engineered solution.
- Proficient at understanding & analyzing the architecture of an existing solution.
- Strong Knowledge on User Experience.
- This role requires logical thinking, application of programming & design techniques to design, build, maintain solution, quick troubleshooting & problem solving skills.
- Possesses a breadth of knowledge on applying technology & is sought after for advice for new projects being considered.
- Independently, applies engineering best practice to realize identified non-functional requirements.
- Consistently applies sound engineering practices leading to improved business outcomes.
- Provides necessary solution architecture & design artifacts on time.
- Conducts project level design reviews & guides the team through adjustments if necessary.
- To be successful in the role, deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile (iOS, Android) & its related technologies, multi-tiered architecture & specific experience in designing complex solutions on Mobile is essential.
- Leads & supports both product & technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology in support of the business.
- In addition to the technical skill set & passion for learning new technologies, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, & equipped with excellent verbal & written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders.
- Teach others through informal sessions such as brown bags & tech talks.
- Coach/mentor others within sub-function.
- Plays the Player-Coach role for the team at project level.
- Understands how a project fits into the overall technology roadmap & communicate to the team to help establish buy-in & ownership.
- Takes ownership and/or leads the engineering responsibility for multiple components in a project.
- Provides consultative work throughout the project lifecycle to ensure vision & goal of project is realized through delivery.
- Is able to coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project.
- Works with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality & efficiently against project requirements.
- Supports operational & QA teams in support activities such as troubleshooting, defect research, code promotion & configuration for projects lead by the engineer.
- Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking & be passionate about mentoring & coaching junior software engineers.
What we're after...
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- 12+yrs of hands-on experience & deep knowledge in software product development (majorly on Mobile application development)
- 5+ years of experience in designing/architectural horizontally scalable, multi-tenant mobile applications
- Proficient in implementing design patterns.
Strong understanding of :Swift, Kotlin, Android, Core Java Scripting, (Shell, & Pythonetc)
- Expert level skills in design & developing Mobile App solutions on multiple platforms (iOS/Android).
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience building modularized mobile applications
- Solid understanding of up-to-date UX/UI concepts
- Experience building tools, native mobile apps or SDK
- Deep understanding on building/strategizing automated scalable infrastructure to test mobile products.
- Divides time between active coding related activities, design, coordination, mentoring, project management, and/or leading same.
- Experience in mobile app deployment & distribution lifecycle with automated & scalable CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience with third-party libraries & APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, & emerging technologies.
- Experience of leading initiatives & mentoring a team of software engineers at a task level
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, & root-cause analysis
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment & flexible to work with distributed global teams & willing to support clients globally
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, interpersonal & presentation skills, & proven ability to influence & communicate effectively
Experience in payments tech / banking system software
Hybrid app technologies (ReactNative, Titanium, PhoneGap)