The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, flexible work hours & Friday bagels!
This position is based in New Jersey, where employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing a team of Photo Production Assistants & Photographers (including Leads) in the studio, with tasks including: scheduling, managing PTO, staffing, hiring, training, coaching, & promotions
- Overseeing daily/monthly production goals for the studio & managing changes
- Ensuring that daily studio goals are met
- Ensuring that individual goals are met
- Enforcing studio policies
- Tracking individual & studio productivity month to month
- Planning for future growth & staffing
- Work with other department Managers to help anticipate & manage product flow
- Planning touch bases & meeting with employees to help motivate & build a team atmosphere
- Minimum 1 year production supervisory experience (+3 years preferred)
- Photography knowledge is a plus but not required
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work quickly & effectively with very strong attention to detail
- Pro-active & able to show initiative & ideas
- Excellent timekeeping & ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well with deadlines & metrics
- Contributes & works well within teams
- Communicates well between multiple departments & teams