WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is seeking a bright, energetic, business-minded & self-motivated transactional attorney with 3-5 years of proven complex corporate & commercial contracts experience gained at a leading law firm & in-house at a technology or Internet (ideally consumer-facing web or ecommerce) company to join its growing Legal team; business development, Internet marketing, advertising, social media, IP, privacy/security & regulatory experience a strong plus. In this position, the successful candidate will interface with members of the companys executive & business teams to manage, negotiate & execute on a broad range of commercial initiatives & the organizations day-to-day operational needs & strategic priorities.
This position reports directly to the Assistant General Counsel & is based in the companys corporate headquarters in Flatiron, New York City.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
This positions principal responsibilities & duties will include:
- Drafting & negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including marketing, technology, licensing, business development, procurement, HR, master services, confidentiality & other commercial agreements, & supporting the Legal teams negotiation of applicable privacy, data security & IP provisions in commercial agreements.
- Assisting the Legal team with the execution of strategic transactions & new business initiatives.
- Leading or assisting the Legal teams efforts in the preparation, implementation & refinement of forms,
processes & procedures.
- Providing advice & counsel to business team leaders on all legal matters affecting the candidates areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal team & outside counsel, as necessary.
- Building close relationships with personnel at supported business operations & obtain & maintain a strong knowledge of the products & objectives of those operations.
- Managing outside counsel in the candidates areas of coverage.
- Developing & conducting periodic employee trainings on relevant matters.
- Engaging in or leading various other Legal projects & duties, including data privacy, compliance & public policy matters.
- Providing substantive support for the rest of the Legal team on an as-needed basis.
Education & Experience
- J.D. from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials & at least 3-5 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years at a leading law firm.
- In-house experience at a technology or Internet (ideally consumer-facing web or ecommerce) company strongly preferred.
- Must be admitted, active & in good standing with the New York State bar.
Interpersonal Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate must:
- Be passionate about technology & energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, mission-driven company.
- Be extremely bright but also have an EQ that matches his or her IQ, & the ability to engage effectively withall levels of employees & management.
- Have excellent communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills.
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient & resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Be highly analytical & have exceptional business & legal issue identification & problem-solving skills.
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving & be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise & commercial advice, & creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Be a strong & astute negotiator with impeccable judgment.
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, can do attitude to the workplace & works collaboratively with other members of the Legal team & with internal clients.
- Be comfortable simultaneously managing workloads, multiple client demands & shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business & new areas of law & to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Be collegial, hard working, confident, a self-starter & have a passion for results.