Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
Our mission is to help entrepreneurs & businesses grow with confidence. We do this with a simple & friendly platform, expert support from real people when its needed, & access to corporate-level benets that ensure people feel secure & valued.
Our DEI Commitment
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
In order to serve our customers well for the ages to come, we are seeking for a leader who can create foundational experiences & technologies that becomes a force multiplier for product engineering organisations. The responsibilities include strengthening how our internal systems interact with each other through robust data strategy, bringing innovation through core UI/UX, Mobile & API through data driven thinking & disciplines, & scaling our core technologies thoughtfully through CI/CD & agile principles, to allow us to grow with confidence & for ages.
This role will require a good understanding of business operations as well as modern technology trends & architectural patterns. This highly impactful & visible role requires a leader who can build a long-term vision, drive execution, & establish credibility & influence across the organization. You are comfortable talking to business leaders using business vocabularies & also at ease talking to engineers about modern technologies. You understand what customers need today & you understand what we will need to do proactively to serve our customers in the future.
We expect the size of this group will grow significantly over time & this is a mission critical role.
What you'll do
Your mission is to bring forward-thinking strategies & execute them to the most critical areas of the Justworkss future.
- Cultivate engineering culture based on Justworks core value (COGIS - Collaboration, Openness, Grit, Integrity, Simplicity)
- Grow, mentor & lead a team of talented managers & engineers.
- Lead the teams that focuses on creating unified & consistent experiences for the company,
- Proactively plan & execute scaling the technologies with Continuous Delivery as the first principle.
- Collaborate closely with business, product, design & other partners to improve efficiency of how we deliver product.
- Collaborate closely with business operation leaders to establish data engineering strategies to make us a strong data driven organization.
- Collaborate closely with advancing our security posture by improving identity management and adding deeper insights.
- Provide guidance & support growth in other engineers on the team & across other teams
- Bring new ideas to scale the engineering organization as a part of the senior engineering leadership group.
- Help define & communicate technical standards & best practices
- Enhance our testing, monitoring & continuous deployment infrastructure
Who you are
- You are experienced in scaling a technology organization & growing teams.
- You are comfortable working with business & product partners in an agile environment.
- You have a deep empathy for customers, especially small business, & for your coworkers.
- You are not afraid of making changes but you do it thoughtfully.
- You have a gut feeling & vision but you also rely on data to back it up.
- You can talk about systems architecture & software development concepts from experience.
- You strive to learn new things & raise your own bar.