At Mack Weldon, were reinventing men's basics with premium fabrics, smart design, & simple shopping. We started with underwear & socks, pieces that could make our customers more comfortable every day. In seven years, weve greatly expanded our product offering, customer base, & teamand were just getting started.
Were a group of apparel veterans, digital marketers, creatives, engineers, & customer service experts working together in the name of comfort. And were looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join us. If that sounds like you keep reading.
The VP of Marketing is a key member of the Mack Weldon leadership team responsible for all facets of marketing including Growth, Brand, Creative, Content, PR & Communications. These functions are at the core of our digital first business model & you will play an important role in driving the sustained & future growth of Mack Weldon.
We are looking for a strategic, business-minded leader who thrives in a hands on environment. You will manage a diverse internal team across these disciplines in addition to key agency partners. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnerships with Product & Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, & Finance & Operations teams.
We are excited to add your fresh perspective, deep domain expertise & firsthand experience leading / scaling a high-growth business. You will report directly to the CEO.
WHAT YOULL DO
Growth Marketing: Develop & execute our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition & retention marketing. You will help drive revenue & achieve targets by setting the overall strategy & mobilizing your team to deliver results.
- Set departmental strategy, budget & go-to-market plans.
- Own forecasting & delivery of monthly goals including ad spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention & LTV.
- Lead internal team & external agencies to deliver across digital channels (search, social, display, affiliates, video) & offline channels (TV, radio, OOH, direct mail).
- Optimize Weldon Blue loyalty program to maximize customer engagement / LTV.
- Drive channel testing & attribution methodology.
- Establish reporting benchmarks & KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) & own achievement of weekly & monthly KPIs.
- Manage, develop & grow a team of 7+ growth marketers.
- Attend conferences & key industry events to provide thought leadership, garner learnings & best practices.
- Interface with Mack Weldon board as key leadership stakeholder for growth marketing.
Brand Marketing: Develop a brand marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives & is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, & earned); steward & evolve the brand architecture to maximize awareness; establish customer-friendly product marketing criteria for ease of shopping.
- Manage PR & corporate communications, developing & executing messaging strategies to maximize reach & impact across consumer, trade, business, influencer touchpoints; manage external agency & internal PR resources; establish Mack Weldon stakeholders as thought leaders in key areas of expertise.
- Oversee the creative team that includes graphic design / art direction, copywriting, & content creation; manage outside creative agency & photo shoots, budgets, production; maintain / improve workflows between creative services & key internal customers including performance marketing, product / merchandising, digital product & corporate.
- Identify & manage brand partnerships including 3rd party retail, collaborations, press, or promotional events both directly & in partnership with product / merchandising teams.
- Establish CSR programs in line with company strategy & to maximize impact; build content to educate customers & work internally to engage employees.
- Own strategy for key social media channels, blog & influencers; continue to drive content & audience growth in line with targets.
WHO YOU ARE
- A proven operator with at least 10+ years of direct experience (eCommerce preferred)
- Someone who has excellent verbal & written communication skills (tech & non-tech)
- A team player who can understand requirements from across various functions & work together to reach a team goal
- An analytic approach with experience using data to drive strategy / decision making
- Self-starter & entrepreneurial; ability to deal in ambiguity & find innovative solutions
- Dynamic leader who can manage, inspire & mobilize a team of functional leads along with key agency partners.
- Strong record of academic achievement (e.g. MBA) & foundational training (e.g. background in finance, strategy consulting is great).
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- World-class insurance Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy Unlimited vacation & sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary Compensation includes a competitive salary & employee stock options
- Great location Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear Free new product launches & year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks Fully stocked office fridge & pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, & a spread of tasty treats