Magnite is the worlds largest independent sell-side platform. We were built by combining Rubicon Projects programmatic expertise & Telarias talents in CTV. We help publishers sell advertising on their terms & connect with buyers across every channel & format. We believe in keeping tech transparent, solutions collaborative, & guidance unconflicted. The ticker symbol for the combined public entity will be NASDAQ: MGNI.
Magnite is looking for an exceptional Chief Privacy Officer, ideally with experience in the AdTech industry or similar data-focused Internet industry. You will be a trusted resource to the business and report to Executive Leadership while leading our privacy team & building a world class, strategic privacy function. You get an opportunity to design, implement & manage compliance efforts relating to GDPR, CCPA & other laws. The successful candidate will provide sound, clear & succinct recommendations & analysis to senior stakeholders & business teams that enables innovation to move forward & break new ground.
What you will be doing
- Participate in reporting directly to the Executive Leadership regarding our privacy program, & engage with regulatory authorities & other external stakeholders
- Refine, improve & manage the company's privacy program, including privacy policies, internal privacy protocols, GDPR & CCPA compliance plans, a privacy review process, & privacy training (internal & external).
- Keep current on existing & proposed privacy legislation & communicate implications for the company & lead the companys strategic response & activities to adapt to privacy legislation.
- Manage privacy compliance strategy, including the mapping of data in company systems, conducting privacy impact assessments, developing plans to meet legal requirements in coordination with the product, technology, & sales teams, & advising employees on privacy inquiries under various global data protection laws.
- Manage data incidents & breach response plans.
- Support product development efforts to ensure compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Support business development & sales teams by meeting with customers to address privacy questions.
- Oversee & manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Support commercial contract team with respect to privacy matters
- Oversee maintenance of records of processing activities, including data mapping & classification.
What we look for
- Education: Bachelors degree & Juris Doctor degree (or equivalent)
- Certifications: IAPP CIPP, CIPP/e a plus
- Admission in & good standing with one or more State's Bar including NY or CA
- 10-15 years of increasing responsibility & experience, including in-house, privacy, and/or product counseling experience in the Ad Tech ecosystem (preferred)
- Strong technology lawyer with a wide range of knowledge & experience across the substantive legal areas relevant to privacy & data security.
- Strong knowledge regarding global privacy & data security requirements, particularly CCPA, GDPR, Privacy Shield, & EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment where innovating through cutting-edge legal issues is the norm
- Ability to multitask, work under tight time pressures, prioritize work, & react quickly to changing business needs & demands all in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
- Provide counsel related to advanced & cutting-edge data use & acquisition, as well as related data management & governance..
- Support the privacy, security, & data protection aspects of relationships & contract review
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization & provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy & encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. In addition, we observe 11 National Holidays & close down the last 8-10 days of the year for a paid Holiday Break!
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental, & vision plans to cover you & your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life & Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!