Get Cookin' with HelloFresh...
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Associate Director, you will be a partner to the site Director & SVP to manage & build the fulfillment operations. Your time will be spent between running the daily operations, as well as driving improvement measures, & operational strategy. If you're looking to make an impact, lead from the front-lines & drive change from within, this is it!
The schedule for this role will be Tuesday - Saturday.
- Identify problems in the fulfillment operations & drive continuous improvement strategies for the distribution center
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to develop an operations improvement road map in collaboration with SVP & other site directors
- Ensure adherence to OSHA, GMP, SQF, food safety & facility compliance while meeting operational goals & continuously improving production.
- Drive Safety, Quality, Cost, & Delivery, while growing & expanding capabilities that meet warehouse mandatory requirements
- Lead & supervise a team of managers, their supervisors & hourly associates
- Share & exchange operational best practices with the (associate) directors of our other sites
- Develop & deliver operational procedures for all of fulfillment & supporting processes
- Drive strategic planning & forecasting ensuring operational alignment
- Reward & recognize performance & execute on progressive discipline, as needed
- Mentor, train & develop teammates for career progression & learning
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the fulfillment center to: provide feedback & drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business & stay focused on the customer experience
- Drive a customer-focused environment committed to delivering the highest quality product to our customers
- Bold: youre adventurous, outgoing & optimistic; youre confident making decisions & taking calculated risks
Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have the vision, passion, & imagination; you are not afraid to ask what if & constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams & cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels & departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging & use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, & present approaches to solving complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience & strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- Comprehensive background in Fulfillment, Shipping, Receiving, & Warehousing
- Inventory control management with a background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems (WMS implementation a plus).
- Motivated, developed & managed 150-200+ employees - our culture is a critical part of our success, & you need to help drive it
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity & change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor & working directly with all levels of staff
- Continuous improvement & project management skills
- High level of integrity & ethics with excellent follow-through
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor's Degree required - Master's preferred
- 8+ years of experience managing operations or production within the Food/Beverage/Perishables
- Familiarity with FSMA, HACCP, SQF
- Deep knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Flexibility to work weekends and/or night shifts
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.