Squarespace is looking for a passionate Content Marketing Manager to join the Content Marketing team in New York, a cross functional group dedicated to helping entrepreneurs flourish. You'll help develop & deploy Squarespace's strategy to help entrepreneurs succeed at every step of their journey with educational content meant to guide, inspire, & build community.
With a focus on educating entrepreneurs, you will be responsible for planning, developing, & implementing our educational content strategy in the US, & internationally. You will manage & direct with teams of external content producers, & work with internal cross functional teams, including our award-winning creative department, product leads, & wider marketing team. You'll establish Squarespace as a premium, global content brand dedicated to customer success..
This position is based in our New York headquarters & reports to the Senior Manager of Content.
- Plan, implement, & optimize educational content strategies & tactics across multiple marketing channels, driving engagement, lead generation, & trial/sub acquisition across the Squarespace portfolio
- Work with the Senior Manager of Content to define & develop educational content ideas across all channels.
- Build & execute always-on content initiativesthrough written editorial, email, video, podcasts & socialthat deliver against pre-defined KPIs such as conversion rate, volume, engagement, etc.
- Implement multi-variant tests across multiple audiences to optimize channel performance
- Support cross-departmental initiatives by serving as an expert across the organization, providing consultation & best practices for content
- Ensure all content produced meets legal requirements & compliance, & obtain all necessary licenses
- 5+ years of experience in a content marketing, product marketing, or brand marketing role, using multiple channels to create fantastic, wide-reaching content. Foundations in journalism, publishing, or new media preferred
- Record of developing & executing high-visibility, always-on, cross-channel content series. Experience with educational or creator-/entrepreneur-facing content preferred
- Solid project management background is a must, as is internal comms & shepherding projects from start to finish
- Comfortable directing external agency partners & reviewing, negotiating, & approving bids
- You're a hard workerno task is too big or small for you
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.