Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice is looking a data scientist to join our Business Analytics team & help drive the success of our marketing efforts. You will have a deep understanding of the marketing domain & top of funnel dynamics, & a track record of leveraging the power of data to drive marketing wins. You are scrappy & excited about working in an evolving business & data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company & having a huge impact on a growing team. You will report to our Director of Business Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Analyze & measure acquisition & campaign performance & ROI across different marketing channels, drive insights & recommendations to optimize marketing efforts
- Develop LTV insights & recommendations to maximize CLV
- Design, build & automate key business metrics using data across different marketing systems & tools into digestible visualizations
- Instill a culture of operational & data excellence by partnering with Data Engineering to design & develop reliable & scalable data pipelines
- Use data to inform & influence the direction of team roadmaps & inform business decisions
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in statistics, mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 3+ years of analytics experience preferably working with Marketing organizations.
- Proficiency in SQL & experience in data ETL in large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly & effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage small projects & to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.