Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Cross-Border Strategy & Program Management will be a key member of Visa's business unit supporting European cross-border activities. The individual will be based in Bangkok, responsible for leading program management, strategy development, & coordinating execution for Cross-Border (XB) activities in the region, reporting to Country Manager & supporting the Regional Head of XB across a range of activities.
- Structure & solve XB related business problems, collaborating & coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders & working with XB team functional leads (e.g. Marketing, Product, Merchant & Data Science leads) to make recommendations on a wide range of issues
- Help design strategies, which change the trajectory of growth, evolve our client relationships, & break through constraints to generate tangible impact on Visa's XB performance - focused on Travel & eCommerce; also new payment flows (B2B, Remittances, Fintechs
- Drive & coordinate multi-functional work streams including strategy development & specific topics pertaining to XB; in partnership with Data leads setup performance monitoring for key strategic indicators, helping drive XB initiatives forward from concept to focused, resourced execution plans
- Collaborate with relevant regulatory agencies (e.g., tourism boards, ministry of commerce, ministry of finance, central bank) to leverage Visa's cross-border capabilities to support the digital economy agenda
- Support Regional lead in developing clear & concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to mid-senior management, other executives, for regional staff in a clear, concise & impactful way
- Support Regional lead in guiding, coaching & alignment with Cluster XB champions on an ongoing basis, & help set them up for success for cluster priorities on XB
- In partnership with business leaders & external providers, assess market intelligence & research needs across key corridors & markets - act as an SME on XB Travel & eComm related trends & data sources
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred
- 12+ years of business experience, with a minimum of two years in a top tier management consultancy coupled with a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate strategy / multi-functional role
- Experience & in-depth knowledge of the payments business
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives & new market/segment/business strategies
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Ability to coordinate cross-enterprise projects & processes with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills to influence & build credibility as a peer with functional & regional leaders within Visa. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic & flexible.
- Proactive & effective communicator. Experienced at presenting information to all levels, with ability to facilitate group discussions & debate & proven ability to influence & communicate effectively across geographic & functional lines
- Global or multi-national business experience is preferred
- Travel: This position requires the incumbent to be able to travel