As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Programmatic Operations Manager is responsible for the setup, management, maintenance, & analytics of all Private Marketplace & Programmatic Guaranteed campaigns across Vox Media networks & partner sites. The role is accountable for partnering with revenue leaders to help grow programmatic revenue & innovation. Youll be directly involved in driving revenue through strategic partnerships with platform partners, analysis of revenue metrics & identifying opportunities to increase spend with clients.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of technical components & the fluidity to both connect with clients who have a robust knowledge, as well as the ability to break down complex terms & jargon for internal trainings. The ideal candidate has direct experience in sales planning & campaign management, knowledge of the technical components of programmatic, is driven by numbers & creating opportunities to win, & being part of a team environment. This role will be based in New York with occasional travel to our outer offices.
Programmatic Operations Manager
What Youll Do:
- Serve as tech strategist on all programmatic deals, including but not limited to PMP set-up & maintenance, programmatic direct, etc.
- Arm sales partners with programmatic analytics by partner, channel, account, category & agency to inform multi channel sales strategy on a regular basis.
- Assist with providing regular performance insights to clients & sales detailing performance, recommending optimizations & proposing new opportunities.
- Participate in technical calls with DSPs, agency trading desks & other buying platforms as requested
- Troubleshoot & optimize issues on live campaigns.
- Participate in client meetings as requested.
- Manage packaging to make programmatic packages available in buy side discoverability tools.
- Lead or participate in sales trainings to improve programmatic expertise across all Vox Media revenue teams.
What Youll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record
- 2+ years of experience in programmatic operations or account management, familiarity with the landscape & KPIs critical to managing non-guaranteed revenue
- Excellent analytical & communication skills
- Ability to balance a number of priorities, working cross functionally to meet internal & external needs with strong problem solving drive
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility & attention to detail
- Willingness & ability to learn & do what is needed to see a project through to completion
- Effective team player
- Familiarity in Google Ad Manager, AdX, Rubicon, SpotX, AppNexus, A9, Index Exchange, preferred
- Strong excel skills required
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.