About the Job
Come join the team that has redefined the retailer vs. supplier relationship. Weve taken a fresh approach in driving partnership & collaboration with our brands. As a result, brands have spoken & Boxed has been recognized as the #1 eCom Retailer to work with for the past 2 years!
Were looking for a motivated, curious, energetic, & fun individual who can work well in a fast paced & dynamic environment. The primary function of this role is to own the holistic experience across some of our fastest moving categories; inclusive of assortment, content, pricing, & all the levers that will delight the Boxed customer. This role will work closely with our supply chain, marketing, product, & data science teams. This role is full-time & based in New York, reporting to the VP of Merchandising.
About the Company
Boxed is the easiest & most modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at our core, we are a vibrant, fun & a close group of engineers, designers, marketers, merchants, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
Boxed is currently looking for a motivated individual that will work well in a fast paced & dynamic environment. The role will work closely with our Procurement & Purchasing teams. You will get hands on experience working with brands & merchandisers.
- WE PUT CUSTOMERS FIRST - The goals of the customer are at the heart of what we do. They depend on us to deliver what they need, when they need it, to make their lives better & more productive.
- WE HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE - Although weve done it as a team, individual contributions are the foundation on which weve built Boxed & the key to its future successes. That success is entrusted to you. And it shows in our commitment to our clients. And to one another.
- WE ARE DATA DRIVEN ALWAYS - We use data to take action. We arent paralyzed by it. Data & analytics, along with our seasoned, sound judgment, allows us to move fast, measure & (re)iterate).
- WE ARE RESILIENT AND ADAPTIVE - We know, if we arent changing, we arent innovating. If we arent innovating, then were not Boxed. To stay ahead, we must challenge the norm & embrace new ideas as well as our ways of thinking
- WE DO GOOD WELL - We do whats right for people everywhere, through our own innovation, as well as industry best practices. We put whats right before the bottom line. Ignited by our passion, we unlock profitability while doing good for every customer.
- Own & create the seasonal category experience that appeals to Boxed consumers
- Own P&L for your category; ability to negotiate effectively to drive margin & volume
- Identify white space assortment & category opportunities that align with company strategies
- Seek new & manage existing brand partnerships
- Work with existing brand contacts to develop & grow marketing opportunities
- Attend trade shows & identify new products to add to the current offering
- Identify strategic buying opportunities with existing brands
- Create partnership opportunities with the product development & manufacturing teams
- You must have measurable experience driving a sales impact to the bottomline
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years experience in Procurement or Purchasing
- CPG & E-commerce experience preferred
- General merchandise experience preferred
- Develop unique assortments for seasonal products & develop annual financial & strategic plans, maintain competitive analysis.
- Forecasting experience with short lead time for implementation
- Ability to learn & execute in a fast-paced, startup environment & make informed decisions through data analytics.
- Implement new products for seasonal categories (Back to School, Valentines Day, 4th of July, etc) & measure product value through rigorous cost-benefit analysis.
- Self-motivated & eagerness to learn
- Strong data analysis is a MUST.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits