Were looking for visual product designers in NYC to help change the future of medicine.
Note: This role is based in our NYC HQ; however, our office is closed through June 2021.
Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.
Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs over $1B -- & over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster & more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.
Join us in building a tech platform & brand that changes the way physicians, researchers, & patients work together to advance medical research.
As a visual designer at TrialSpark, you will have a key role in envisioning the user experience in collaboration with the rest of the design team. You will own the end-to-end visual design process across all of TrialSparks product surfaces, starting with web & expanding to include iOS & Android, as well as email & print assets. Using your strong sense of aesthetics & production know-how, youll create beautiful & functional designs to make our products easy & delightful to use.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing interfaces & creative assets, crafting engaging experiences for our medical, technical, & patient users alike
- Creating mockups & clickable prototypes to concisely communicate & solicit feedback on intended functionality & UI behavior from team, stakeholders, & users
- Understanding, leveraging & extending our design system to deliver a consistent & rich app experience
- Collaborating with developers to craft technically mindful experiences
- Evolving the companys tools, processes, & communication around design system & asset management
- Collaborating closely with Design & Product teams to align on delivery expectations & timelines
- Mentoring & sharing know-how around visual design with your other design team peers
- Bringing a point-of-view around visual style, helping key stakeholders make decisions around the aesthetic direction of product & marketing
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience shipping product, with a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs & intuitive experiences on both mobile & web
- Have experience designing for both consumer & enterprise users
- Have experience working with design systems & maintaining organized asset management systems
- Are proficient with industry-standard design tools (i.e. Figma, Illustrator)
- Are able to create motion graphics to help illustrate key product concepts & to breathe life into interfaces (e.g. Framer, Principle, AfterEffects)
- Are knowledgeable about technical limitations as they relate to visual design & performance (bonus points if you have HTML/CSS/front-end web development experience!)
- Are able to create beautiful bespoke illustrations & iconography for both in-product & marketing purposes
- Are collaborative & value having other designers, engineers, marketers, & PMs involved in your work
- Are self-organized with your time & work, & seek out resources to accomplish projects & navigate ambiguity
- Are motivated by a mission, exhibiting genuine passion for your work & the products/brands that youve worked on
- Are investigative & inquisitive about product goals from a company, industry, & user perspective (No prior healthcare experience is required, but you will be designing for researchers, data analysts, & medical users!)