Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with programming skills in Object Oriented programming languages & with test automation capabilities to play a major role in the company. The candidate should be heavily motivated by the product & experienced in Software development & testing.
The position entails a high level of responsibility within the R&D team. Your contribution will have a significant impact on the satisfaction of hundreds of our happy customers. As a Software engineer at Nexthink, your duty is to ensure that the software we deliver fulfil the product requirements by collaborating with our product experts. You will participate in all stages of software development: design, implementation, validation, maintenance & will collaborate with our experts & with the different teams.
If you are highly motivated & result driven, you have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning & enhancing your skills, you are open to feedback & you like being accountable & work within a team, then, do not hesitate to apply.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Give guidance in terms of QA to the software development teams & participate actively in the implementation of automation framework & increasing automation test coverage.
- Actively discuss with the Product Manager to design the acceptance criteria & to prepare, ahead of test execution, test plan & automation scripts.
- Select & assess proper testing tools & utilities.
- Write code to automate the testing of new & existing features.
- Run manual & automated regression tests.
- Takeover the third level support cases & manage the issue resolution process.
- Analyze performance bottlenecks & stability issues.
- Participate in the product release delivery process.
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset & best practices & participate actively to the different agile ceremonials
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior
- Function: Engineering
- 3+ years of proven QA experience in software development
- Deep experience in web application test automation & integration tests
- Ability to write shell scripts & small programs (e.g. bash, Python, )
- Teamwork & collaboration are part of your DNA
- Good leadership & soft skillset (e.g. proactivity, pragmatism, open-minded, excellent communication skills, )
- Experience in an agile environment is a must, including associated tools (e.g. Jira) & mindset (i.e., continuous improvement, lean thinking, ).
- Experience with micro-services, containers, API gateway, REST is a plus
- Working experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Strong motivation for complex challenges & learning new technologies
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), French is a plus
We are a fast-pace growing company & we are hiring & growing a lot in our Madrid office. If you are looking for a change, & you like a nice atmosphere, lots of challenges & having fun while working, then this is a great opportunity for you!!!
- Location: Plaza Colon (Madrid).Our office is conveniently located, & it is very pretty & cool! Don't believe us? Let us know in advance & come check, we can invite you for a coffee.
- Permanent Contract.
- There are more R&D teams in Madrid, so you can grow within the company.
- Ticket Restaurant, Private health Insurance & Gym discount on subscriptions.
- You can choose to adhere to a flexible retribution plan for kindergarten & transport tickets.
- Possibility to work from home 1 day a week.
- Willing to travel from time to time
- Flexible Hours, so when you do your 40 hours a week, you can leave earlier on Fridays.
- 50% off on English / Spanish classes.
- Fresh fruit, cookies, & occasionally some soft drinks as well.
- Pizza talks once a month (knowledge pills + pizza!), you can just listen, or even present something you are passionate about.
- We host the Madrid Scrum Alliance user group every other month, which are a great learning & networking opportunity.