AssociateTechnical Product Manager, Retail Core Engine
Technical Product Managers at Jet are responsible for the product roadmap & driving the requirements & architecture for the next great e-commerce platform by combining their technical expertise with keen product vision. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about complex system interaction & software development process as well as communicating across business & engineering teams.
As an Associate Technical Product Manager with the Supplier Experience team, you will interact with Walmarts Suppliers who range in size from Pepsi to the local corner shop to understand their needs & define the vision, strategy, roadmap & execution of key Supplier functions to create simple, elegant tools for use throughout the Supplier lifecycle.
Retail Core Engine Challenges
- Influencing business & technical teams across multiple organizations to gain consensus on strategy & tactics for developing core retail systems.
- Working at scale for one of the world's largest retail companies & its e-commerce brands.
- Bringing together e-commerce systems from different stacks/interfaces/engineering cultures & making them work seamlessly.
- Building high availability, low latency systems to serve customers across multiple independent online stores.
Are you right for us?
- You can influence stakeholders across a matrix organization to coordinate work for a common initiative.
- You're equally comfortable solving both engineering & business problems.
- You use data to back up your decisions but also have a bias for action.
- You think like an owner & always put your customer's needs in the forefront.
- You can translate product strategy into detailed requirements & prototypes.
- You can scope & prioritize activities based on business & customer impact.
- You work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market & optimal resources.
- You act as a product evangelist to build awareness, understanding & enthusiasm.
- Minimum 3 years of total work experiences (not including internships)
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a product development or analytical business role (bonus for both)
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree from a respected engineering or business undergraduate program.
- Proficient in office productivity (Excel/PowerPoint) & project management (Jira/TFS) tools.
- Working knowledge of a programming language (required) & a cloud technology stack (not required but a plus).
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies- Agile, SCRUM, etc.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, & mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build & invest in new technology including open source tools & big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, & most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime & anywhere using online, mobile, social & stores. Walmarts mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.