Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
We are looking for a motivated, innovative Recruiter to help transform us from an exciting start-up to an industry leader. You will be critical to our success. By sourcing, screening & hiring a world-class team, you will have a transformative impact on student literacy across the country & around the globe.
You will also be an integral part of building out a recruiting organization. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in implementing efficient & effective processes, developing innovative sourcing strategies, & designing our recruitment programs & branding.
- Full life-cycle recruitment for job openings across our various departments, largely focused on Sales, Marketing & Customer Success but may also include various other departments.
- Create powerful sourcing strategies to recruit top talent & work with hiring managers to set & meet hiring objectives.
- Ensure our recruiting practices are consistent, compliant, & conform with the industrys best practices, with a strong focus on building a high-quality & diverse talent pool.
- Provide a high-quality experience for all candidates & hiring managers.
- Recruit smart, passionate & innovative candidates who believe in our mission & want to excel alongside their team.
- Adapt to changing hiring priorities & formulate plans to fill new roles quickly.
- Play a critical role in making Newsela one of the top hiring organizations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors degree.
- Full lifecycle sales or corporate recruitment
- Proven track record of proactively sourcing cold candidates & developing innovative sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated work history of professionalism & confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively screen candidates for both skill set & cultural fit.
A Few Plusses Include:
- Energized by the prospect of building & being a part of a world-class team.
- Demonstrated passion for education & literacy.
- Self-starter, proactive & creative.
- Quick learner & team player.
- Excellent written, presentation & public speaking skills.
- Experience recruiting for multiple locations.
- Experience presenting & planning recruiting & industry events.
- Technical or creative recruitment.
- K-12 industry or recruitment experience.