Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
NOTE: This is not a Sales position.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants worldwide to develop & deliver the support model for Visa This includes day-to-day operations & product support, back office support & customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist & works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Considered the functional expert for their client's processing & operational business.
- Provide insight & input within cross functional Visa organizations for new or changing products & services which may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, & transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support & system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa & client objectives, & ensure processing system performance standards are met & that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning & operational support to ensure that both the client & Visa are operating in the most effective & cost efficient manner while managing costs & increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry & client trends & maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products & services.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate & manage expectations internally & externally.
- Develop & manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects & client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify & analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status & resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally & externally & develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support biannual business enhancements & all Visa mandates.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing & transaction processing.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, & logical problem solving.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff & management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities & manage customer expectations, & work both as part of a team & independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information & apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical & consultative support to external customers & identify business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation & interpersonal skills are required.
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel:Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.