As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
We are looking for an Editorial Recruiter to lead the recruiting process from source to close for our New York Media networks. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience in full life-cycle recruiting within high growth organizations.
What youll do:
- Strategically source & build pipelines for various Editorial related roles including: Writers, Editors, Producers.
- Create & execute a full life-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth & positive candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers & leadership to understand their needs & build a strategic team together.
- Leverage internal tools & your network to source a creative & diverse talent pool.
- Help sustain & improve Vox Medias candidate experience.
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, & fill the highest priority needs for the company.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, leadership & HR Business Partners to understand hiring needs; clearly map out hiring strategies & manage expectations throughout the process.
- Track & report metrics.
What youll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media & familiarity with at least one of our brands.
- 3+ years of hands-on recruiting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; proven ability to thrive on change
- Experience recruiting for media companies and/or for roles related to content creation.
- Proactive & able to work autonomously.
- Experience recruiting top tier talent using diverse & creative sourcing methods.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative & build strong relationships.
- Ability to articulate the company's mission, vision, values, products, & culture.
- Proven success delivering customer service through relationship building & understanding of the business.
- Ability to sell, negotiate, & close.
Bonus points for:
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or similar field
- Greenhouse experience
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.