Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our design team is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, & portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for a passionate & influential leader to join our team as the Director of Marketing Design leading design for Mailchimp.com. The ideal person is a team promoter, mentor, people manager & advocate of design culture. You should have a strong creative design background & experience developing marketing campaigns.
The UX Marketing Design Director should be able to generate UX requirements when provided business desires, design graphic elements, & build UI mockups & prototypes to present to stakeholders. Applicants should present a professional design portfolio including solutions across multiple devices that showcases strong UI/UX examples.
What youll do here:
- Lead the internal & external marketing design teams
- Partner with cross functional directors to prioritize & schedule marketing projects
- Provide career guidance & mentorship to a growing team of designers & managers
- Staff, communicate & deliver marketing design projects
- Elevate the creative work with hands-on guidance
- Help recruit exceptional individual contributors & cultivate future design leaders
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers & agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, & principles
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong UI & UX background
- You have great design sensibility & a portfolio to prove it
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You have strong experience in cross functionally with marketing, product, content & other design groups
- You have experience in partnering with agencies & managing agency relationships
- You're an excellent communicator & problem solver
- You possess knowledge & experience around Scrum/Agile design & development process
- You have ample experience as a hands on designer
- Strong experience in web deployment & production
- BA/BS degree in design, design & research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here:https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19