About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have expertise in changing the software development lifecycle & want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications. You have extensive knowledge of software development landscape to help the sales & field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. You also have the desire & ability to travel within your assigned territory. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset & are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences & rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Labs & Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability & building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
The Pivotal Platform Architect will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical & business expertise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry. In addition, you will have the capabilities to install, connect, & optimize the platform. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products & enhancements. You will be responsible for influencing customers to deploy cloud native architectures that leverage modern enterprise frameworks/languages. You will help customers design cloud native data architectures that include traditional database, caching, archival (Hadoop, S3) & other data technologies.
Required Skills / Experiences
- At least 8 years experience as a hands-on software architect ideally in a customer facing capacity
- 3+ years experience in software development, including languages, systems & frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL & Hadoop
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Concourse, GoCD, CircleCI, Artifactory & Github/Gitlab
- Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle & Bundler
- Understanding of agile software delivery principles
- Familiarity with Netflix OSS cloud services such as Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon & Zuul
- Pays attention to software development/architecture trends & new best practices
- Has a bias for action & can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see & present 'the big picture' & offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently & in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral are required
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Dynamic presence & excellent communications skills
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills & decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Prior experience presenting to C-Level executives
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Azure Service Fabric
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience