Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are seeking a full-time Medical Affairs Postdoctoral Fellow for a 2-year position. The Medical Affairs team conducts clinical research, informs the clinical & behavioral science foundations of our programs, & supports the Commercial, Product, & Strategy teams with evidence generation. You will positively impact our ambitious clinical agenda by carrying out a focused program of research for an innovative new program in Type 2 Diabetes chronic disease self-management.
You are an academically trained clinical scientist excited to explore a career path in industry research. You lean in to challenges, & are a collaborative team-player. You have a solid foundation of training & experience, & are seeking to deepen your independence. You have a specialty in Type 2 Diabetes & strive to improve chronic disease self-management with innovative programs & services.
- Lead the execution of a strategic, focused research plan for a new product/program for self-management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Lead the publication & presentation of study results for a variety of audiences
- Contribute to the communication of Omadas program of research to company leadership & strategic partners
- Collaborate on emerging research projects & analysis of available data
You will love this job if you:
- Recently completed a graduate degree in a health psychology, health sciences or health services research (e.g. PhD, MD/PhD, or MD/MS in a clinical specialty in health sciences)
- Specialized in Type 2 Diabetes
- Have experience in or exposure to delivering behavioral medicine in clinical settings (inpatient, outpatient, specialty care)
- Working knowledge of clinical trial designs, clinical research methodology, & health economics
- Have the ability to work independently & proactively on complex projects
- Have exceptional organizational & project management skills
- Enjoy a collaborative working style & professional communication skills (written & verbal)
- Show positivity, psychological insight, empathy, & openness to continual feedback
Bonus points for:
- Experience or exposure to regulatory training around medical devices
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, & connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks & meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, & integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes & hypertension, as well as anxiety & depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, & curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions & circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, & other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.