Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Support Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software tools used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing & many others to ensure there are no interruptions to our teams, enhancement & defect management & implementation of new tools.
As a Business Solutions Manager, this role is responsible for managing a team that oversees our software tools utilized by customer facing teams. Partners with internal customers on business as usual & strategic projects by identifying team assignments, determining prioritization using an Agile methodology. Collaborates with stakeholders & teams from across Mailchimp to ensure requests are completed according to identified scope & requirements.
Our ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business & technical expertise while balancing the management of people & projects. Customer focused, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with a laser focus on contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing their team to be innovative.
What you'll do:
- Develop & lead a team with the skills, capabilities, & passion necessary to successfully drive & sustain a customer obsessed culture
- Lead the team through planning to identify sprints scope, timelines & execution
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Customer, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, etc.), including the participating of stand-ups, planning, showcases & retrospectives
- Understand & prioritize stakeholder needs & partner with the team to translate them into application functionality
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor & understanding their business needs
- Guide & mentor team with creation & management of their personal development plans
- Set clear & challenging goals for direct reports that support organizational-wide initiatives & hold team members accountable for performance
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies & best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors Degree or 4 years experience as a manager of people in an operations role
- You have experience leading teams supporting & managing software tools
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgement, team alignment, & display an appropriate sense of urgency
- You have a positive can do attitude while assuming best intentions & aligning with organizational goals & team members
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive & influential within & across immediate working groups
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional team building alignment around the goal of a feature or product enhancement
- You have the ability to lead & navigate programs involving cross-functional teams
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have a technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic & tactical levels
- You have working experience in Agile project management & tools (JIRA, etc.)
- You are experienced with complex technical integrations (APIs, web services, etc.)
- You are able to make complex technical information approachable to non-technical team members
- You are able to understand business processes & translate business requirements into application functionality
- You have strong verbal & written communication
- You have high standards of accuracy & precision; are extremely organized
The target base salary for this role is $83,000 to $100,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection & assessment process for this role relative to your experience & our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!