At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for dynamic, talented Community Strategists to authentically develop strategies for engagement inside of local markets, supporting & promoting Lyft's policy initiatives as well as spearheading local proactive reforms. Reporting to the National Regional Community leads, Community Strategists will be a key part of building the Lyft movement & achieving public policy progress for Lyft nationwide. In some instances, but not all, Strategists will manage Community Organizers.
As the community maven for Lyft in their local community, Community Strategists will develop our blueprint for engaging authentically with Lyft drivers, riders, & community allies in order to engage them on policy issues that impact their lives. This person will also help drive collaboration with Lyfts Social Impact team, overseeing execution at the local level.
- Translate national goals into local strategy, developing comprehensive community affairs programs & campaigns across multiple markets
- Work cross-functionally across the Lyft organization in multiple markets to build relationships with drivers, riders, & other essential members of the Lyft community & to engage those key community members in meaningful action to further Lyfts policy & social impact goals
- Work closely with Public Policy Managers to develop & execute a local community engagement strategy that will support the ridesharing movement & Lyft's local legislative initiatives
- Oversee the creation of a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community organizations, & trade associations in Lyft's markets
- Create and execute scalable rapid response & long-term grassroots engagement strategies at the local, state, & regional levels
- Plan & staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Recruit & train Lyft activists who will advocate for ridesharing in meetings & hearings with lawmakers, regulators as well as local media
- Coordinate & execute the use of political tactics such as advertising, in-district meetings, rallies, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Bachelors degree & 4+ years experience as an organizer/regional manager, digital strategist, for political & issue advocacy campaigns (preferably city and/or state level)
- Fluency with digital organizing & social media engagement such as Salesforce, Votebuilder, Phone2Action, Hustle, & Countable
- People Management experience: ideally 2+ years
- Experience in local regional politics is a plus
- Experience recruiting & remotely managing volunteers & surrogates
- Knowledge of best-in-class organizing strategy & tactics
- Impeccable event organization skills
- Command of guerrilla marketing & offline advertising tactics
- Passionate commitment to the Lyft community & the sharing economy
- Charismatic in-person presence & public speaking ability
- Extended health & dental coverage options
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.