Lets get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins & protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin & protein recommendation based on their diet & health goals goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations & thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 & is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, & Juxtapose.
What youll do:
As our Quality Control Specialist, you will perform sampling & inspection of bulk, finished product, packaging components, retain samples, & stability samples to ensure compliance with the established regulations (21 CFR Part 111). Youll be responsible for reviewing & analyzing data against established specifications to ensure that the identity, strength, quality, & purity of the finished product is not compromised, & initiating OOS reports when appropriate.
- Perform quality control inspection of dietary supplements & certificate of analyses in accordance with established test methods & USP guidelines.
- Coordinate with external laboratories to ensure all testing/analysis is conducted according to approved test methods, SOPs, or associated documents & meets the product specifications.
- Partner closely with Operations, Supply, & Inventory Planning to ensure teams are aware of quality investigations, testing delays, lot failures, & upcoming lot releases.
- Investigate & author initial out of specification records, customer complaints, & other product non conformances in a timely manner. Determine & implement appropriate corrective actions in partnership with other Quality team members.
- Create & manage bills of materials (BOMs) in our inventory management system; oversee inventory control & ensure Inventory team is adhering to all documented quality processes.
- Supervise Quality Control Inspection Associate to coordinate sampling, inventory room audits, & box audits.
- Complete quality inspections against controlled documents in the electronic quality management system.
- Create new product process flows, as needed.
- Release product lots based on passing data per established specifications & USP guidelines.
- Manage returned D2C product & disposition per standard operating procedures.
Who you are:
You are passionate about quality & the Care/of customer. You are able to track & analyze data sets & draw conclusions to formulate recommendations to other Quality team members & internal partners. And you are not afraid to get your hands dirty: you are willing to jump in & perform daily tasks to ensure the Operation continues to move at a swift pace.
- BS and/or MS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, or other science-related degree
- 2+ years of quality control experience in a GMP-regulated industry with GLP experience
- At least 1 year of first line supervisory experience of hourly non-exempt employees
- Experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously, working independently, & on a cross-functional team
- Willing to perform tasks of a working specialist, as needed, if hourly non-exempt employee is not available
- An exceptional communicator & analytical problem solver
- Effective & succinct communicator, both verbally & in writing
- Extremely organized, thorough, & detail oriented
- Experience authoring investigations & analytical reports
- Experience working with large data sets & tracking/trending results (Excel, Google Sheets, etc)
- Experience organizing & maintaining controlled documentation
- Experience working with a warehouse management system & eQMS
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If youre submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins & powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected & building community.
- Socially & culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback & being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor & love; Recognize & stand up against discrimination on any basis, including race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, age, or mental & physical abilities - in our work & beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Dont shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Dont be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality & the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive space for our team to think differently & push the status quo is incredibly important to us; & we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, & how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.