Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Inspire, grow & nurture a team of recruiting professionals to deliver against hiring needs while meeting quality expectations
- Providing mentorship, guidance & career development to members of your team
- Collaborate & serve as an advisor to key business partners.
- Lead comprehensive top-down vision & recruitment strategy for Business, Marketing, Talent & Content teams.
- Leverage data analytics to drive operational improvements & amplify operational excellence to support team's rapid growth
- Partner with MasterClass hiring managers to design & implement a data driven sourcing strategy.
- Drive diversity initiatives for the company & execute on hiring goals: Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current & future hiring needs.
- Define overall recruiting performance goals across the team in partnership with the Director of Recruiting
- Building effective working relationships with internal & external stakeholders & be recognized as trusted advisor in all recruitment matters
- Champion recruiting process improvements & recruiting tool enhancements on a global level
- Design & implement cutting-edge sourcing strategy for team & hiring managers
- 8+ years of recruiting experience & 4+ years of experience managing a team of recruiters & sourcers
- Experience designing & implementing global recruiting strategies
- Experience collaborating with key business leaders & senior cross-functional partners
- Experience building DEI recruiting/sourcing strategy
- Experience building & scaling recruitment teams during a period of hyper growth
- Experience managing managers/leads
- Experience translating data & analysis into strategic recruitment processes & recommendations
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.