As a Paralegal at Compass, you will be an integral part of the Legal Team primarily supporting the Litigation, Employment & Risk Management teams. You will also work collaboratively with other Compass teams (Real Estate, Finance, People & Culture, etc.) to assist with ongoing audits, litigation matters & compliance initiatives. You're part of a group of talented lawyers & non-lawyers & the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively & constructively. You are energetic & collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compasss business & work with employees & customers across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven, & you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.
At Compass You Will:
- Work alongside the Litigation, Employment & Risk Management teams to conduct fact-finding investigations to gather information, documents & data in response to discovery & regulatory agency requests.
- Assist counsel in case management including managing data preservation, document production, case file creation, organization & maintenance, legal deadline calculation & calendaring.
- Facilitate communication & compliance with relevant regulatory agencies & industry organizations, including filing necessary documentation, confirming requirements & process & otherwise conducting light research & inquiries.
- Work collaboratively with other Compass teams to supervise & facilitate document retrieval & production, coordinating with internal & external counsel & consultants.
- Maintain & update various reporting processes including corporate insurance, budgeting & legal invoices & other case management tools.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action, including, but not limited to, identifying issues that require the input of other Legal Team members & taking steps to escalate these matters appropriately.
- Help with the development & implementation of processes for efficient & streamlined operations, including work flow between the Legal Team & other teams at Compass.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of litigation support experience as a Paralegal or Legal Specialist at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience working with electronic discovery, internet technology, regulatory investigations & general litigation; experience with legal invoicing & insurance reporting a plus!
- Ability to review & organize numerous documents in complex legal matters.
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude & strong work ethic without extensive supervision; ability to effectively & efficiently manage numerous cases & projects under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, & interpersonal skills with an acute ability to listen attentively & communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency & high aptitude with computer skills, such as MacOS, MS Office, GSuite, & Adobe Acrobat, as well as familiarity with electronic discovery platforms such as Relativity.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.