At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantages for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous & diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies & models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses & their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral & commercial drivers of its customers & sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team & the board.
The responsibilities of a Senior Risk Analyst are the ideation, design, implementation, & monitoring of credit risk management strategies, models & capabilities that help us serve the needs of our customers & shareholders. This includes the development & enhancement of Product & Process Design & loss forecasting models consistent with our credit strategies. Progress will be achieved through empirical testing & analysis, Best-In-Business assessment capabilities, & collaborative interaction with our business partners.
As a Senior Analyst at OnDeck on the Portfolio Risk Team, you will:
- Develop, maintain & improve statistical loss forecasting models & controls across our full suite of products, geographic markets & stages of the customer lifecycle
- Analyze & interpret small business data to improve risk management strategies, business profitability, & customer experience
- Design performance tests & back-tests to measure & evaluate model performance
- Develop & review reports to monitor portfolio trends & improve risk mitigation strategies
- Work collaboratively with the Product, Revenue, Finance, & Technology teams to implement strategies designed by the management
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics with 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent business judgment & risk assessment skills as demonstrated by previous work or academic experience in an analytic role
- Strong Programming skills in SQL, R & Python & strong Excel skills
- Willingness to work closely with large data sets & a strong attention to detail
- A drive to constantly learn something new, technically or conceptually
- Knowledge & experience with advanced statistical concepts & financial analytics in risk modeling
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Comfort in a fast-paced, business-critical role that is a key contributor to OnDecks continued success
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Tableau, VBA & working in SQL in a Snowflake environment
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**