Ripple is looking for a Senior Engineer to help build scalable Data infrastructure. You will be part of the effort to enable Ripples to democratize data by developing self-serving & curated data models through financial Hub. Data is core to everything that Ripple does today & you will design & mentor the data engineers & data Ops pods that will be at the center of data. Our data science research direction, machine learning strategy, & analytics will rely on the infrastructure you build. As a hands-on leader for this team,You will incorporate best practices, learn about & leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, & be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
- Manage & track data as it gets processed & moved from & to different sources
- Manage workflows & data build processes that help the BI team build key business metrics & design dashboard visualizations
- Troubleshoot problems with data (missing, corrupted, invalid) & build data recovery strategy
- Partner with data engineers to implement required data elements & attributes to enhance business, financial & business operational analytics.
- Help improve & maintain high levels of data quality & integrity across various data sources. Act as a central control point when it comes to data change management.
- Develop & deploy data models in a methodical & disciplined manner to satisfy data needs of various functional teams.
- Continuously design the future state of our reporting process by collaborating with our Business Systems, Data Engineering, & business partner teams
- Work closely with other members of the BI team to better design & build metrics that enhance our analytical capabilities
- Assess the effectiveness & accuracy of new data sources, data points, & data gathering techniques
- Ensure proper documentation is in place for all key financial & external reports requirements, design reviews, UAT & approvals as required per SOX compliance
- 5+ years experience in data platform preferably Data warehousing
- 5+ years of experience in Distributed DB like Bigquery, snowflake, Presto,Netezza or something similar
- 4+ years of experience in cloud technologies like AWS, GCP & Azure
- Deep knowledge in Data Warehouse architecture & integration
- Experience with data management in SQL and/or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop).
- Familiar to cloud-based architectures, development, test, & deployment automation.
- String understanding of SQL, data structures, data integrity, & schema design best practices
- Prior experience with data processing technology (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) & workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow, DBT)
- Experience with schema design & dimensional data modeling.
- A strong advocate of data governance & data quality
- Experience with distributed event streaming platforms like Kafka, Flink, etc
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL & database programming
- You have experience building internal infrastructure that is shared across teams.
- Good understanding of SOX compliance & internal controls
- Solid leadership & communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS & Google cloud ecosystem
- Experience in building self-service data services
- Crypto background
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Modern office in San Franciscos Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, & coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.