You will be a senior engineer on the team that creates & expands Pelotons e-commerce presence on the web. You & your team will be working to implement rich user experiences performantly & at scale, for our web users.
Our team is looking for senior engineers who are excited about developing elegant, interactive websites using the latest frontend web technologies.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, Redux, & styled-components
- Work closely with our design team to deliver composable & scalable React components
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers on a daily basis to scope, develop & deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Be a part of a positive & inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on cultivating engineer growth & learning
- Be a part of the team working to bring scalability & reusability to the design & component creation
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in mentoring team members & leading small teams
- A passion for building consumer-facing websites
- An expert understanding of industry best practices & web standards.
- 6+ years of web development experience
- A strong motivation to keep up to date with the latest front end packages & frameworks
- A passion for building composable & portable React components
- An expert level of knowledge with CSS & CSS in JS
- Strong appreciation for Smart UIs & design
- Experience building component based UIs
- An agile mindset that embraces iterative design.
- Experience configuring Webpack, Storybook, unit testing frameworks, & other build tools for your teams.
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, & Product Management.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have helped contribute to or have worked in a design system or UI kit
- Have public Github Project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in full stack frameworks like Next.js
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.