CLEAR makes life easier & more secure by using biometrics your fingerprints, eyes & face to confirm that you are you, & keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is seeking a Director of Compensation & Benefits who will contribute to the companys growth through the development, implementation, administration, maintenance, & education of our benefits & compensation programs. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to build a strategic function, including the development of an overarching philosophy, strategy, programs, processes, & team.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a compensation philosophy that is aligned with company values & promotes a high performing culture.
- Develop recommendations for job architecture, salary structure, budget & bonus plans taking into consideration competitive market data, local laws & employment practices.
- Design, develop, & maintain compensation tools, templates, & related processes for the annual merit review cycle.
- Lead & develop a small team that is aligned with the current & future needs of the business. This will be supported through coaching, mentoring & providing ongoing feedback to foster an innovative & learning environment.
- Drive initiatives that review claims experience & propose plan design changes & annual renewal options.
- Participate in compensation & benefits surveys, for benchmarking our plans & programs.
- Lead 401(k) investments & administrative committee meetings to review & implement fund changes, as needed & in accordance with law.
- Own the Open Enrollment period for employees managing all points of communication, reviewing elections for accuracy & conducting all necessary reporting.
- Oversee 3rd party benefit brokers & providers for the effective & compliant administration of all health & welfare plans, leave administration & 401(k) Plan.
- Communicate, educate, & internally market our benefit programs to all eligible employees.
- Review, edit, & maintain SPDs, employee benefit guides, & benefits technology platform(s).
- Act as a liaison between employees & our leave administrators, as well as a liaison between employees & our Workers Compensation carrier.
- Validate each recruitment versus budget assumption to ensure payroll cost stay within budget.
- Step in to assist in alleviating the workload of the payroll team during high volume periods such as annual increase & bonus processing, year-end preparations & team absences performing miscellaneous payroll tasks as necessary.
- Maximize the use of our HRIS (Ultipro) - ensure we are establishing best practices & processes for data entry, maintenance, & reporting.
Who You Are:
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Operations, HR or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years designing & implementing compensation & benefits programs. Prior working experience in a start-up or hyper growth technology industry a plus.
- Experience with commission plan environment(s) is a plus.Outstanding organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Analytical, pragmatic, & adaptable. Ability to evaluate complex data & make recommendations.
- A track record of designing & implementing successful & creative compensation & benefit programs.
- A progressive approach to Total Rewards strategy, design & implementation.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; ability to interface with management & peers, specific strength in influencing decision makers & managing expectations
- Track-record of leading strategy & change management.
- Highly collaborative with proven ability in business partnering & influencing executives, internal customers & management of third-party vendors.
- Demonstrated program ownership & consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through & attention to detail.