About the Role
At Namely, we are self-starters & problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart & self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow & collaborate with other great engineers. Each person is an owner of their work & directly impacts the success of our products & company.
The SDET teams mission is to build tools & frameworks that enable Software Engineers to easily, efficiently, & comprehensively ensure the high quality of our applications. We are looking for a skilled software engineer with strong programming experience who can translate that knowledge into automated testing approaches. Solid fundamentals with software development, systems, & troubleshooting are keys to success. In addition, we value self-driven thinkers who also know how to collaborate within a strong team.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base & develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, & process. Youll have the chance to work in an open & collaborative environment, shape Namelys engineering culture, & have ample opportunities to grow & accelerate your career.
- Design, build, & evolve our test automation tools & frameworks to ensure code quality & developer productivity
- Build libraries & tools wrapping internal APIs to set up comprehensive data for tests
- Assist engineering teams with testing strategies & participate in code reviews
- Develop new automated tests & help improve the reliability of existing tests
- Extract testing techniques & tools into shared libraries & evolve them over time
- 2+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Strong background in writing well-tested code, including experience with e2e automation frameworks
- A self-driven individual who also works well within a team
- A desire to learn the product & its inner workings by playing with it & exploring its many codebases, databases, & event streams
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong in at least one programming language & comfortable reading code written in any unfamiliar language, whether it be JS, SQL, C#, Golang, Scala, Python, or Ruby
Nice to Have:
- 1+ years working as an SDET building test automation tools
- Familiar with JS-based automation frameworks like webdriver.io, protractor.js or cypress.io
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development practices & the Cucumber community
- Experience in agile processes
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines & jobs
- Familiar with Docker
- A working understanding of APIs & knowledge of API testing tools
- Performance testing experience
Namely is the first HR, payroll, & benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we dofrom our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company & every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use & love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.