BuzzFeed is searching for a top notch photo researcher for BuzzFeed.com. This role is responsible for handling photo requests from writers, purchasing from photo agencies, & approving photo usage on BuzzFeed.com. Applicants should expect to yield requests from writers in a prompt manner via Slack, work with outside vendors to source images, & track all photo usage accordingly. The ideal candidate is on the pulse of trending photo needs including pop culture, entertainment & celebrity features. Experience working with photo agencies & sourcing hard-to-find images is required.
This is a project-based role with the possibility for an extension in either the New York or Los Angeles offices & is available to start immediately.
- Strong research skills
- 3-4 years of experience
- High emotional intelligence
- Extremely organized & efficient
- A deep understanding of the DMCA
- The ability to take perspective of others
- Experience working with photo agencies
- Highly proficient in Slack + remote workflows
- Experience tracking down hard-to-source photos
- Experience working with digital asset management teams
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- Send us a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Send an example of a photo that you think would be good inspiration for a post on BuzzFeed.com
- Send a few examples of photo-driven stories on the internet that were solely based on a photo or series of photos
- Your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.