Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools andservices through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors & colleagues alike.
Shutterstocks Legal Department seeks an energetic law student to join our team for the summer & support the department in areas such as intellectual property, licensing & enforcement, regulatory compliance, marketing & advertising law, employment law, & general legal research.
This position is a part of our in-house Legal Department, reports to our Senior Counsel, & is based out of Shutterstocks New York headquarters in the Empire State Building.
- Identify & investigate third party license abuse, copyright infringement, content piracy & trademark infringement
- Prepare cease & desist letters & other third party correspondence to enforce Shutterstocks licenses & intellectual property rights
- Support UDRP/domain name recovery/acquisition efforts, including drafting filings as necessary
- Assist with the Legal Departments licensing activities, including drafting & modifying content license agreements
- Conduct legal research & prepare memos on matters of interest to Shutterstock, which include intellectual property (copyright, trademark, & patent), corporate governance, taxation, marketing, advertising, employment, & regulatory compliance
- Assist with global privacy compliance requirements
- Other legal & administrative support for the Legal Department as needed
- Rising 2L or 3L (as of Summer 2019) with a demonstrated interest or experience in intellectual property & technology law
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong research skills (while Lexis/Westlaw skills will come in handy, we primarily use publicly available sources to track potential infringements & abuses)
- Strong desire to learn about business & function within an in-house legal team
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, communication & process skills with the ability to multi-task & follow through on numerous projects
- Ability to work independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness & an ability to participate in a collaborative team environment
- Enthusiasm & a sense of humor
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V