Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more.
As the Group Product Manager for Member Platform, youll oversee a team of product managers focused on developing a powerful data model about our members, building our user-driven core platform to receive & share complex enrollment data, & powering our operational teams with tools to drive unprecedented levels of automation with a zero defect mentality. You & your team will work to identify opportunities & develop solutions that allow our business to scale while powering new tools & experiences that help members navigate a complex healthcare system. By working closely with internal & external stakeholders, you will ensure our data models & services are accurate & flexible to future needs.
- Experienced. You have 4+ years of product experience & have managed a small team of product managers. (Were serious!)
- Excellent people manager: you actively coach (without micromanaging) & thoughtfully advocate for the needs of your team.
- Outcome-focused: You maintain a high standard of quality while working with your team to deliver results quickly & consistently.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; youre curious by nature & excited to get into the details, develop a deep understanding of users, & become an expert in health care infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system & how different systems interact, develop conceptual data models based on the needs of the business, & how to communicate that complexity & user impact simply & effectively to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Strategic & analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects & identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! How do you make sure your team knows where to start?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, data scientists, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others & can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- Strong communicator. You understand what level & form of communication to use to not only keep your team in alignment, but your stakeholders too.
- Above all: You are mature, open-minded, & nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Helping to define the vision & strategy for a set of road maps focused on developing our source of truth for member, eligibility & policy data to support all our lines of business & our member experience initiatives.
- Defining the business & user goals of your features & product area, creating process & system specifications for our operations, & working across teams to implement them.
- Communicating with stakeholders including department leaders from across the business.
- Collaborating with Engineering & Product leadership to make resource trade-off decisions & to ensure your teams are working together effectively.
- Mentoring, coaching & providing support to a team of Product Managers.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.