Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About This Position
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Coordinator who will be an exceptional addition to our Finance team. You should be excited to learn about our companys business model & have a basic understanding of revenue recognition, accounts receivable & cash collections. You will be responsible for assisting with billing & collections for Foursquare by working closely with Sales Operations & Client Success to support a robust & growing Sales team. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude & a great communicator. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced & challenging environment, then this is the role for you. You will report directly to the Accounts Receivable Analyst.
- Gain a deep understanding of the sales process from contract inception & planning to billing & collection
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, & liaise directly with customers as one of the main billing contacts for invoicing & collection activities
- Prepare & submit invoices & revenue adjustments in a timely & accurate fashion
- Work with other Finance team members to understand the tax implications of invoicing customers in new jurisdictions
- Work closely with Sales Operations team in obtaining timely impression counts for billing
- Collaborate with Client Solutions & Sales Operations teams to troubleshoot discrepant campaign invoicing by adjusting invoices & issuing credit memos to expedite client payment
- Follow up frequently by email & phone on past due balances & resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner
- Manage collections regularly, focusing on minimizing bad debt & lowering DSO
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies & procedures
- Support any ad-hoc projects & analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field required
- 1-2 years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of revenue recognition & accounts receivables procedures & principles
- Understanding of general ledger functions & the month-end/year-end close processes
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral & written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel & familiarity with NetSuite & Salesforce
- Industry experience in digital advertising, media and/or entertainment ideal
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.