At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About The Job:
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves executing experiments to improve the user journey & make it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating new, stable software solutions that are shared across business units & geographies.
We are looking for developers who are excited by great code that scales well. As a member of our Toronto team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, & have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
Here at HelloFresh, the learning never stops. We expect you to learn every day, both through your work & beyond. We tend to set ambitious learning OKRs for each employee, & then support you through dedicated self-development time & learning budget.
If you value speed & agility & believe in a data-driven development space, this is the place for you. The ideal candidate for this role will leverage data - test results, logs, defect rates - to ruthlessly prioritize the work that needs to be done & collaborate with both local & international teams to find solutions.
You will ...
- As a Senior Developer, build full lifecycle (design-develop-deploy) software solutions in the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as an ambassador for software solutions offering support & mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like React, Next.js, Hooks, & more
What youll bring
- Solid back-end experience within front-end architecture using React
- Experience in CI/CD methods & practices
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD & distributed architectural patterns
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, & continuous integration
- Experience working with APIs & integrating multiple data sources
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate & mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge & trends
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health & safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, & local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health & safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health & well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe & effective tool in protecting our health & our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.