KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of commercial/retail construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material & equipment, ensuring the project specific plan, drawings & specifications are being strictly followed, & work is proceeding safely, on schedule & within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for day to day coordination, scheduling of the work, inspections, quality control, & job site safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, & vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties & responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate & insure coordination with ASIs, RFIs, addendums & material submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing & complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety & environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress & communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written & photos) of activities on the jobsite.
- Periodically will perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by the project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities & assist in future planning.
- Lead onsite weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate & communicate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work, scheduling or safety.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean & organized manner.
- Perform job progress & completion punch list walks with the client identifying & completing incomplete items.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals & maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Lead a pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor prior to the start of the work.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day & securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees (i.e. labor services, etc.)
Required Skills & Experience
- Provide direction to & resolve problems amongst all jobsite subcontractors & vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work & provide resolution.
- Blueprint reading.
- Physically lift-up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance & ability to visit & inspect the entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Monitoring jobsite general health & safety.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service & assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas & tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly & persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens & gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly & informatively; Edits work for spelling & grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read & interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team & individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity & openness to others' views; Gives & welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale & group commitments to goals & objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes & plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people & their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect & consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy & thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve & promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety & Security - Observes safety & security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment & materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work & on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings & appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions & calculated risks; Looks for & takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for & offers help when needed.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.