As the Director of People & Culture, Chicago, youll partner with operational leaders on all people matters, from organizational design to managing the talent portfolio to operational recruiting. This includes all the people work necessary to open a new location & ensure its ongoing successful operation, supported by a centralized People & Culture team with centers of excellence.
As the main P&C point person in the operation, your primary responsibilities are recruiting, employee relations, & change management. Youll execute corporate initiatives to increase employee engagement, decrease turnover, bolster employee & manager satisfaction with P&C, & drive successful hiring. Metrics that measure your success include: employee engagement (per the Gallup Q12), regrettable turnover, manager & employee satisfaction with P&C, & our talent acquisition index (time to fill & candidate quality).
- Growth company DNA: building & scaling are in your bones
- Alignment with Convenes core values: genuine, relentless, integrity, & teamwork (GRIT)
- Progressive, innovative, open-minded attitude
- Raw talent: both IQ & EQ
- Coaching approach to leadership & communication
- Demonstrated quantitative success as an HR business partner in a high-growth environment
- Experience with volume recruiting for line & corporate roles
- Understanding of legal & other issues prevalent in the modern employment climate
Convene is a progressive, technology-, design-, & hospitality-driven real estate platform that delivers first class, amenitized meeting & work spaces to premium clients. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.